When we moved into our home we knew that the kitchen was the first room we wanted to change. It was functional enough, and there wasn’t a lot we could do to improve the layout, but the 1980′s golden oak cabinets and the peeling counter tops just weren’t our style. Here is what our kitchen looked like before:
With a little work, and some generosity from Wilsonart and Delta Faucet, we were able to transform our kitchen into a beautiful space that we truly love. It’s currently our favorite place in our house, we seem to always gather in the kitchen.
What we did:
- Replaced the counter tops with Wilsonart HD Laminate.
- Painted the cabinets white.
- Replaced all hardware, including cabinet door hinges (which were a bit tricky to track down).
- Replaced the oven and dishwasher, added a refrigerator.
- Added a microwave above the oven.
- Did a Venetian Plaster paint on the walls.
- Tiled the back splash with white subway tiles and a metal accent tile to add interest.
- Added a new faucet, thanks to Delta Faucets.
One of the most amazing things about our new kitchen counters is that even though they are indeed laminate, we were able to get an integrated sink! That’s right, Wilsonart can do amazing things! It’s so nice to be able to easily clean up our kitchen with just a swipe of the sponge right into the sink without anything blocking the way.
Also amazing, the Wilsonart HD really looks like stone. Many people who have visited our home have commented on how they thought it was stone at first, and how they too were going to get it instead of stone because it’s much more cost effective.
Doesn’t it make a big difference?
Disclaimer: Thank you to Wilsonart for providing our counter tops, and Delta Faucet for providing our faucet, as always, our opinions and experiences are our own.